Bccarat Live Casino Guide - Get Tips & Bonuses
If you're searching for an immersive and thrilling casino experience, look no further than live baccarat. A favourite of James Bond, Baccarat is a timeless casino staple. In this guide, we take a look at the rules and strategies to help you master the game and bring you the best welcome offers from UK online casinos to play at.
So whether you are a total newcomer or as experienced as 007, read on to find out everything you need to play live baccarat today.
Live Baccarat for December, 2023
What Is Baccarat?
From its origins in 19th century France via 1940's Havana, where it developed into the most popular form of baccarat punto banco, baccarat is a zero-sum two-person game that lets you bet on the player's or the banker's hand.
Pros and Cons of Live Baccarat
- Immersive live-streamed casino gaming experience
- More convenient than an in-person game
- Available 24/7
- Slower pace than other live casino games
How it Works
The aim of the game is to predict which of two hands will win by having the value closest to 9, the player or the banker. Live baccarat is played with eight fifty-two playing card decks. The betting options are player, banker, or tie, which occurs when both hands have the same total.
Live Baccarat Card Values
|2 - 9||Face Value|
|10, Jack, Queen, King||0 (Zero)|
The values of the cards add together to determine the value of each hand. If the sum is a double-digit number, then the hand takes the value of the second digit, e.g. a 14 would have the value 4.
Live Baccarat Payouts
If you bet on the player, then live baccarat pays out 1:1. For example, if you bet £10 and win, you win £10. A banker win pays 0.95:1, which accounts for the 5% house commission (some sites offer no-commission games). Tie bets normally pay 8:1.
Many formats will allow side bets, such as Big/Small, Pairs, and Super 6. You will find the payouts on the individual title, as they can vary across providers.
Live Baccarat Roadmaps
Live baccarat features roadmaps - a visual representation of results and trends of hands as the game progresses. These roadmaps allow you to quickly assess the history of a game, recognise and identify trends, and predict what might happen in the future.
Regarding live baccarat, there are five roadmaps you need to know.
- The Big Road - This is the main roadmap that shows the history of wins and losses. Each horizontal row represents one round of play, and each vertical column represents one hand dealt. A solid circle represents a win for the player, and a hollow circle represents a win for the banker.
- Big Eye Boy - This roadmap shows patterns in the big road by marking the first unbroken run of banker or player wins with a blue square. If the next result changes, the square is shifted to the right. A red dot is added to the square if the next result is the same.
- The Small Road - This is a condensed version of the Big Road that shows only the result of the first hand of each round. Wins for player are marked with a red circle, and wins for banker are marked with a blue circle.
- The Cockroach Pig - This is a variation of the small road that shows the opposite results of the first hand of each round. Wins for the banker are marked with a red circle, and wins for the player are marked with a blue circle.
- The Bead Plate - This is the simplest roadmap that shows only the results of the current hand. Wins for the player are marked with a red circle, and wins for the banker are marked with a blue circle.
Live Baccarat Strategy
Although live baccarat is a game of chance, there are a few things you can do to help improve your chances of winning:
Understand the Rules of the Game
Baccarat is simple, but it's important to understand the rules before betting. The game's objective is to bet on the hand that you think will have a total value closest to 9.
Bet on the Banker
The banker bet has a slightly better chance of winning than the player bet. The banker is more likely to win due to the game's rules. The house edge on the banker bet is typically around 1.06%, one of the lowest in any casino game.
Avoid the Tie Bet
The tie bet has a very low probability of winning, so it is best to avoid it. While the payout for a tie bet is high, it is not worth the risk since it only wins a small percentage of the time.
Manage Your Bankroll
Set a budget for yourself and stick to it. Only bet what you can afford to lose and avoid chasing your losses. It's also important to remember that baccarat is a game of chance, and there is no guaranteed way to win. So, don't risk more than you can afford to lose.
Play with a Strategy
Some players use betting systems like the Martingale or Fibonacci to manage their bets. However, it's important to remember that these systems do not guarantee a win and can be risky. Instead, focus on making informed decisions based on the rules of the game and the trends you observe.
Take breaks between sessions to clear your mind and refocus. This can help you make better decisions and avoid making impulsive bets.
Note: with any strategy, it's important to remember there is no guarantee of winning. Every game comes down to chance. It's possible to run into a long losing streak that exceeds your bankroll and results in significant losses. Therefore, always ensure you have a set budget and don't chase losses you can't cover.
Types of Baccarat
Baccarat is hugely popular, so you can expect several variations at the top UK live baccarat casinos. The different names can be confusing, so let's look at some available formats.
- Baccarat - The original version, this format features 8 decks and sees you bet on the banker or player position. You will find both single and multi-play tables.
- Speed Baccarat - The original, only faster. In this sped-up version, cards are immediately dealt face-up - ramping up the pace for a more exciting game.
- Baccarat Squeeze - This version allows the dealer or the player to squeeze the cards once the dealer has dealt them. In traditional baccarat, only the player with the highest bet would be allowed this honour. However, all players have the option in live baccarat.
- Lightning and Golden Wealth Baccarat - These versions feature multiplier cards that boost potential winnings.
- Salon Prive or Soiree Baccarat - Reserved for high-rollers only. These versions usually require a very high minimum balance to sit at the table.
- Bet On Baccarat - This is the format for you if you want more than the standard betting options. This version features even more side bets than normal.
- Jackpot Baccarat - Features a progressive jackpot, giving you a chance to win huge prize pots.
- Peek Baccarat - The dealer reveals between 1 and 4 cards before the end of the round, allowing you to raise your initial bet by 2 or 3x.
Live Baccarat - Final Thoughts
Live baccarat is an exciting live dealer game that brings you a real brick-and-mortar casino experience from the comfort of your home. Perfect if you want an authentic, traditional gaming experience in real time.
If you are looking for the quickest way to play, then check out Evolution Gaming's Speed Baccarat at Mr Green Casino - each round clocks in at just 27 seconds.
Want the best bang for your buck? Then Playtech's No Commission Baccarat is the one for you. You can find it at Betfred. The best squeezes are seen on Evolution's titles. Our expert iGaming team likes 888 Casino.
Playtech offers you excellent multi-seat games, so check out Casumo to take your place at the table.
Overall, live baccarat is an excellent choice for anyone looking for traditional casino gameplay from one of the best games in the business. Want to try it out? Then click on one of the exclusive links on this page to get your welcome offer and play live dealer baccarat for real cash prizes today.